Tuesday, May 6, 2008

How to Close a Call?


People remember the way telephone conversations end. At the end of your call, thank the person for the call and do your best to try to end on a positive note. Never conclude by just saying, “See ya,” “Bye-bye,” or “Later.” Say goodbye and let the other person hang up before replacing the receiver. If you have a chatty caller who is droning on too long, say something like “I’ll have to hang up now. My 2:00 appointment is here,” or “Much as I’d like to chat, I’m on a deadline at the moment. Is there anything else I can help you with?” After the call, do your homework. Everybody appreciates a follow-up and followthrough. Keep any agreements you make. If you have promised to provide information or data, get that material to the other person promptly.

No comments: